Sunday, May 17, 2009

Ailing MGB

Yep - my MGB is not well again. I planned to drive the Yellow Peril last Sunday but the old girl was not happy. Rough running and poor idle. Started right up, but it was in no mood to be hauling around an old, fat driver. Right, well sit there then.

It looks like the problem may lie with the number one spark plug lead. Mike Darby and Richard Cunningham used their highly developed diagnosis skills to determine that my 11 year old plug leads probably need replacing. Richard even dug out an old set from his V12 XJS to let me try one to make sure that is the problem.

I'll let you know how it turns out...

1 comment:

  1. I remember the givaway. I was even at Road Atlanta when it occurred... I even have some pics of Cherokee Barrett, the Penthouse Pet. http://picasaweb.google.com/xjjag1/RoadAtlantaEarly70s#5332962890885245842
    I can't begin to imagine what might have happened to it. We have the guy's name, maybe we should try to contact him.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment