Monday, August 17, 2009

An 'Ace Cafe' for Our Area?

I had the pleasure of meeting a young man at the MINI of Pensacola event who is from Fairhope and drives a modern MINI.

I was out in my classic Mini Sunday afternoon and on returning from Fairhope, I spotted a familiar Pepper White MINI in my rear view. Waving, I turned off scenic 98 onto a side road and - low and behold - it was the same young man and his wife from the Pensacola event. We chatted briefly and he noticed the Ace Cafe London sticker on the rear window of my car. He went on to say that his goal was to have a restaurant operation inspired by the Ace Cafe up and running in the Fairhope-Daphne area in the next 12-18 months.

He said the restaurant would be motorcycle/automotive themed and he planned to have various theme nights, ala Ace Cafe London. I told him to keep us in the know and that SABCC members would certainly be there in force and often.

I invited him to attend one of our meetings or events. He can share his plans with us then as he sees fit.

1 comment:

  1. If it comes off, this would likely be instantly very popular and a great addition to all "petrolheads" in the area!!!! Given the nature of a cruise-in cafe, wonder how/where that would fit? Sure don't see it fitting in anywhere near Fairhope - sure hope this pans out.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment