Saturday, December 11, 2010

A Tour of British Motor Heritage

There is a Web site for the modified (read "hotted up") British car enthusiast called British V8. The impressive site has tons of data, photos and an active forum for the exchange of ideas and tech tips. I recommend that you spend some time there just to get an appreciation of the extent of the performance car community.

One very good article in their excellent on-line magazine dealt with a visit to the British Motor Heritage factory where body shells and replacement body parts are produced on original factory tooling. The details and photos of the visit are very interesting and informative. I know it makes me wish for pockets deep enough to order new MGB roadster and Mini body shells. 

While I curse my poverty, take a moment to read this excellent account of the factory visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment