Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Easy Method for Cleaning Light Lenses

I'm basically lazy and I'm always looking for ways to make my workload a bit lighter - even down to detailing my classic cars. Now, I'll probably be dropped from Griot's Garage mailing list, but I've got a tip for you and here it is:
Darling, are those CAR PARTS in my dishwasher?
To clean light lenses both inside and out with excellent results and minimum effort, put them in your dishwasher.

That's it. The warm water and detergent will get both plastic and glass lenses looking clear and spotless. Don't worry about the potential for etching from the detergent as it takes literally hundreds of cycles for that to appear. This method is also perfect for rehabbing old, used lenses from your parts cars, too. The folks that I've passed this on to have been impressed with their results.

My crack legal team wants me to tell you that you are on your own if you use this tip.

So there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment