|Outgoing Prez Noel Eagleson (left) with Membership VP Jack Ross|
South Alabama British Car Club wrapped up their 21st year with the final event on the club calendar; the annual Christmas party and awards presentation. This year, the club returned to The Spot of Tea breakfast/brunch establishment on Cathedral Square in Downtown Mobile.
Club President Noel Eagleson closed out his third year in office with a heartfelt speech of gratitude to the membership for their confidence in keeping him in office for a record three terms. He told the club that his charming wife had returned from a multi-year overseas assignment and would be working in the northeastern US for the foreseeable future. He said looked forward to spending time with her there while maintaining their permanent home in Mobile. Ever the gentleman, Noel immediately turned the leadership gavel over to newly elected president Richard Cunningham to preside over the rest of the morning's activities.
|Chatting Prior to Lunch|
Don Pritchett, creator of the popular diorama-style British Car Festival awards was called forward to present Noel with a special three-dimensional award that blended symbols of the American South with items from the British car hobby and Noel's Irish roots. Richard Cunningham then presented Noel with a plaque commemorating his three years of service as club president.
Richard then read out the list of SABCC officers elected to serve for 2012. They are:
- President - Richard Cunningham
- Vice President-Membership - Jack Ross
- Vice President-Activities - Rodney McDonald
- Secretary-Becky Kramer
- Treasurer-Donna Cunningham
- Newsletter Editor - Robb Ogletree
- Members-at-Large - Mike Darby, Ron Wolverton, John Shaw
- Technical Adviser - Pierre Fontana
|New President and Outgoing President|
- Grillmaster - Chris Cronk
- Colorful Character - Sandy Walter
- Suffering Spouse - Barbara Shaw
- Most Creative - Rodney McDonald *blush*
- Rookie of the Year - David Turnipseed
- Most Helpful - Kent Padgham
- Special Appreciation - Mason Blosser, Donna Jarvis, Linda Ross, Donna Cunningham