Friday, August 16, 2013

"I am the Eye in the Sky - Looking at You..." *

* With apologies to the Alan Parsons Project

It's certainly not often that you'll run across a Jaguar E-Type in the wild, much less often in Google Maps. But that's just what has taken place.

In the image below, you'll see a silver (ahem, actually Opalescent  Silver Gray) E-Type coupe parked outside a garage in South Alabama. Even in the low-res image, the classically beautiful lines of the car are are visible. 
Click the Image for a Larger Version

OK, the car belongs to one Richard Cunningham, current South Alabama British Car Club president and proprietor of Classic Motorcar Services. The shot was likely taken in late April not long after he and I returned from a trip to Atlanta to attend The Mitty at Road Atlanta. The blue smudge at lower left is my daily driver Honda Civic Si. I suppose I was there bending wrenches in the CMS garage. 

Do you know of other classic car sightings through Google Maps or Google Earth? Drop me a line in the comments section.

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment