Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Stan Mott was Right!

Courtesy GM
I hope I'm not the only one that has fond memories of the artwork and humor of Stan Mott. Stan was a frequent contributor to Road & Track magazine during what I believe was its golden age (OK, during my misspent youth). Stan is a talented artist and was frequently called on to illustrate stories in R&T.

You'll probably be seeing news items about the GM-Segway urban vehicle called PUMA. This is a two seat, sit down version of the cutting edge Segway two wheeled personal vehicle.

What does this have to do with Stan Mott? Stan was the author and illustrator of a series of stories about a microscopic-sized car called the Cyclops supposedly built in Italy from old Cinzano signs. The madcap adventures of the two American importers made for laugh-out-loud reading.

I've posted images of both the Cyclops and the GM-Segway Puma. I'll take the original, please.

Courtesy Stan Mott

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment