Monday, June 14, 2010

Backlash from the Gulf Crisis?

With the news (none of it good) rolling in from the Gulf of Mexico regarding the BP oil spill, will British Car Festival 2010 suffer from negative community feelings? Some newscasters have consistently referred to BP's British base and sound bites from BP CEO Tony Hayward ("I just want my life back") have not been in the company's best interest.

To my knowledge, British Car Festival has never had support from BP or any other BP-owned company (Castrol, ARCO, ARAL), but it could be possible that we may find it difficult to get airtime or print space. I certainly hope not, but I am concerned.

I hope everyone in the club will put in the extra effort needed for both this 20th anniversary event and to make sure we are viewed in a most positive light.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment